George Azih, CPA and founder of LeaseQuery, returns to present the third segment of LeaseQuery's six-part series on lease accounting. In this live event, George will walk through a comprehensive example of the new standards in action. A broad understanding of the new guidance is helpful, and knowledge of key terms is important. Successful implementation of the standards comes down to proper application of the concepts. George's end-to-end example will begin with lease commencement and include how to address lease modifications.
- Identify how to apply lease accounting concepts to a specific lease example
- Understand how to prepare initial journal entries for lease payments and lease liabilities
- Identify lease modifications
- Understand how to prepare subsequent journal entries to reflect the lease modification
- Basic understanding of ASC 842 standards
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
If you missed parts 1 & 2, you are still welcome to join us! You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a recording of prior sessions.
- Founder & CEO
George Azih Is LeaseQuery’s Founder and CEO. Prior to founding LeaseQuery, George worked in Technical Accounting and Accounting Research for a Fortune 500 company, specializing in lease accounting, debt modifications and hedge accounting. Prior to that, he worked in a CPA firm specializing in audits of financial institutions (banks and insurance companies). He holds a Bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Georgia, and is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Georgia Society of CPAs.
George is considered a leading expert on lease accounting and has been chosen to speak about this topic to numerous groups at different events including Bloomberg Magazine, Crowe Horwath, the Georgia Soci... Read more
- (800) 880 - 7270
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Thursday, March 28, 2019
1:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.