Self-Study Course Details
This comprehensive regulatory ethics course is designed for practitioners in today’s fast pace world. We’ll begin with a discussion of ethics trends followed by a practical review of regulatory bodies and standards practitioners must adhere to. The second half of this course is devoted to the “remote office”. Specifically, we’ll cover best practices, Federal and State privacy laws, along with a detailed discussion of client information and requirements to safeguard data.
- Recognize which branch of ethics is closely aligned with regulatory guidance in organizations.
- Identify prevailing global trends in business ethics.
- Identify key concepts practitioners should be mindful of when practicing across different jurisdictions.
- Recognize various ethical standards pronounced by select rule-making bodies.
- Recognize various threats impacting practitioner independence.
- Identify professional duties governed by Circular 230.
- Recognize which regulatory standards apply to tax practitioners concerning confidential client records.
- Identify which states have adopted privacy laws for business entities.
- Recognize best practices in connection with remote workers.
- Please refer to the course description section for the learning objectives.
I am the proud son of Francisco and Mercedes Castillo, two courageous Cuban immigrants who sought and found the American Dream. I was born in Boston, MA on April 15th; needless to say, my future as a CPA was predetermined!
My specialty? Restoring the natural balance of daily life by offering continuing education to awaken your mind during the day.... and deliver consulting services so you can sleep better at night.
My approach? Delivering on promises with integrity, thoughtfulness, and joie de vivre!
- Author of over 250 continuing professional education courses across various fields of study including personal development, accounting, taxation, regulatory ethics, economics, technology, and finance. Course delivery methods include self-study text, webinars and Nano offerings.
- Provide “Personal CFO” services to high net worth individuals, including executives, entrepreneurs, professional athletes, and performing artists. Tailor client specific solutions utilizing comprehensive tax and financial planning strategies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.