Self-Study Course Details
With Form 1099 errors on the rise, you can’t afford to miss a correction. Form 1099 reporting mistakes can cost your company money and waste time, which also costs money. How can you make corrections to your Form 1099 and avoid costly fines from the IRS? Join us for this highly-informative course.
In this course, industry expert and corporate tax attorney Steven D. Mercatante Esq. takes a look some of the more common problems experienced by accounts payable and tax departments related to documenting and validating payee information using the IRS Form W-9, 1099 filing mistakes to avoid, and offers solutions and best-practices for addressing 1099 corrections issues.
- Learn the differences between Form 1099 changes and corrections while learning about recent changes in the law – including the introduction of the new IRS Forms 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC
- Discover the keys to avoiding mistakes
- Identify strategies to remain IRS compliant when soliciting SSNs & TINs
- Understand 1099 compliance corrections do’s and don’ts
- Pinpoint how to avoid hefty fines that plague CPA’s, accounts payable, and tax departments
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Aurora Training Advantage, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management, and more.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.