Self-Study Course Details
Form 1099 due diligence is tougher than ever. Whether you are new or seeking an update this webcast will provide Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Tax with plain English guidance to help minimize 1099 compliance mistakes, save time, and avoid penalties.
In this course, industry expert and corporate tax attorney Steven D. Mercatante Esq. takes a look some of the more common problems experienced by accounts payable and tax departments related to documenting, validating, and reporting payee information on IRS Forms 1099. He identifies key issues and best-practices for addressing them.
- Identify payments that must be reported to the IRS on a 1099, learn about changes to payee documentation on the Form W-9, get solutions for 1099 compliance requirements plus accountable plan best practices and get updated on the new IRS Forms 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC
- Recognize the latest strategies for employing the W-9 to meet 1099 name/TIN compliance requirements and discover which 1099 mistakes require your response, and learn corrections do’s and don’ts
- Discover in-year steps you must take to validate the tax-exempt, handle service payments that require the reporting of a related good, freight payments, and due diligence steps regarding payments and payees reportable on Forms 1099-R, 1099—INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, and 1099-K
- Recognize how to leverage the W-9 to document & validate sole proprietors, single member LLC’s, partnerships, LLC’s owned by other entities, S-Corps, and organizations that incorporate mid-year
- Identify best practices to remain IRS compliant when soliciting payee TINs, identifying 1099 reportable middlemen, and help cutting down on penalties via using the IRS TIN Match Program
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Aurora Training Advantage, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management, and more.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.