In this webinar, Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD will walk through the statutory and regulatory guidance as it relates to fringe benefits, with an emphasis on entertainment and business transportation expenses, qualified employer-provided parking, and planning opportunities. Steven will cover recent Federal Tax legislation updates and discuss relevant cases and rulings.
- Identify what qualifies as an entertainment expense under the IRS Regulations.
- Discover strategies for deducting entertainment expenses.
- Recognize the deductibility rules for meals including situations not subject to the 50% meals and entertainment deduction.
- Identify how to handle automobile issues related to employer-provided parking.
- Recognize the proper accounting for deductible vs non-deductible expenditures.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, EAs, and accounting/tax professionals who account for or audit entertainment and parking expenses.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Date & Time
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
2:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.