In this webinar, Tax Attorney Steven Mercatante will walk through the basics of 1099 reporting, explain areas of most importance, and discuss what could happen to your company or clients if the process is not done correctly. In one information packed program you will gain a broad understanding of Form 1099 reporting, with a special focus on the Forms 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC. You’ll learn the key elements needed to comply with IRS requirements and discover how best to respond to the IRS.
- Identify the key elements for a successful 1099 reporting process.
- Discover the 1099 reporting requirements and how to recognize when those payments are reportable.
- Explore the 1099-NEC/MISC boxes in detail and their rules and requirements.
- Identify how to use the W-9 to collect the correct information from a third party.
- Discover how to use the IRS TIN Matching Program and identify how it can ensure the correct information is used.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, Tax Professionals, Professionals Working with the Accounts Payable Function.
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Aurora Training Advantage, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management, and more.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Date & Time
Thursday, January 12, 2023
12:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.