In this webinar, Steven Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD will walk through various 2022 individual tax updates to prepare practitioners for the upcoming filing season. Proposed regulations will be addressed, as well as changes in tax forms and significant developments affecting the tax return preparation process. Topics will include:
- Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- ACA Premium Tax Credit
- Nonbusiness Energy Credit
- Electric Vehicle Credit
- SECURE 2.0 (pending legislation)
- Extenders Legislation
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Section 199A Deductions
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) Update
- Cryptocurrency / Virtual Currencies
- Section 1202 Stock
- Passive Activity Significant Participation Test
- Net Investment Income Tax and Home Sales
- Self-Rental Property
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Discover 2022 tax changes impacting individual tax returns.
- Recognize tax planning strategies and practical solutions based on the current regulations.
- Identify the impact of proposed legislation on individual taxes.
- Basic understanding of individual tax regulations.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, EAs, tax preparers, and tax professionals impacted by individual taxes.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Date & Time
Friday, December 16, 2022
12:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.