In recent years, an increasing emphasis has been placed on the need for CPAs to improve their leadership skills. Most leadership development focuses on the leadership of others. However, effective leadership of others begins with effective self-leadership. This session offers an inside-out approach to building the leadership capacity necessary to lead your organization in today’s rapidly changing marketplace.
CPA and Leadership Coach Jon Lokhorst will guide the discussion to help you:
• Develop your personal and professional mission, vision, purpose, and values.
• Discover how strengths, struggles, hot buttons, and blind spots affect leadership effectiveness.
• Learn how to obtain valuable and actionable feedback from those you lead.
• Increase your effectiveness by employing self-leadership strategies.
• Bring your “best self” and increase your value in every situation.
- Understand the value of self-leadership in preventing leadership derailment.
- Recognize the importance of a strong personal foundation.
- Learn research-proven strategies for developing self-leadership.
- None required.
Who Should Attend
Finance and accounting professionals seeking to develop self-leadership skills.
- Executive Leadership Coach, Lokhorst Consulting
Jon Lokhorst, CPA, ACC, is a leadership coach and consultant. He partners with CPAs, CFOs, and other leaders who face massive change in their industry and recognize the need for a new model of leadership to navigate those challenges. Prior to launching Lokhorst Consulting LLC, Jon enjoyed a 30-plus year career as a CPA, CFO, and organizational leader.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Friday, April 10, 2020
2:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.