Accounting teams typically spend at least a third of the month closing the books and producing financial statements. Let's make those ~10 days as smooth & predictable as possible! In this workshop style webinar, we will outline best practices for month-end close. Join us to identify ways to improve the month-end close process with your team.
- Identify how to assemble your closing checklist.
- Recognize best practices for communication with your team, organization, and other stakeholders.
- Explore common stumbling points, like accruals, and how to avoid roadblocks.
- Understand best practices for A/P management.
- Discover best practices for reviewing financial statements and preparing commentary.
- None required.
Who Should Attend
Finance leaders, primarily controllers and CFOs, within mid market companies as well as analysts and managers who desire to contribute to a smooth close cycle.
Liz is passionate about education and helping people reach their potential.
Liz's corporate finance experience includes progressive finance roles with Kellogg Company, Amway, and Open Systems Technologies. At Amway, Liz was responsible for management reporting for Amway’s portfolio companies and financial planning & analysis for Amway’s finance and executive divisions. Prior to that, Liz served clients in the utilities, insurance, and manufacturing industries in the assurance practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Liz is a licensed CPA in the state of Michigan. She leads Partnerships & Education for Encoursa.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Monday, February 26, 2024
2:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.