Most executive teams are reasonably good at formulating their organization’s strategy, or they hire consultants to help them. A major frustration with executives is the failure to successfully implement and execute their strategy. The strategy map and its associated Balanced Scorecard, a methodology developed by Drs. Robert S. Kaplan and David Norton, recognized this problem. They observed the problem of executive managements’ excessive emphasis on after-the-fact, short-term financial results.
This presentation by a leading practitioner and author, Gary Cokins, will cover:
• How strategy maps and their companion balanced scorecards communicate strategic objectives with target-setting to help cross-functional employee teams align their behavior to the strategy and better collaborate.
• How to design a strategy map and identify the strategy’s required projects or core process improvements which lead to selecting KPIs.
• How to differentiate strategic KPIs from operational performance indicators which cascade downward from the strategic KPIs.
• How to deploy a “quick start” implementation in two days to iteratively expand to a balanced scorecard production system in a few weeks.
- Identify the origins of the balance scorecard.
- Recognize how to design a strategy map.
- Identify how to define appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Discover how to apply targets of KPIs for motivation and incentives.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, accounting/finance professionals, and executives who work on strategic objectives.
Gary Cokins, CEO of "Analytics-Based Performance Management LLC": https://www.garycokins.com is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, and author in advanced cost management and performance improvement systems. He is the founder of Analytics-Based Performance Management, an advisory firm located in Cary, North Carolina. Gary received a BS degree with honors in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research from Cornell University in 1971. He received his MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management in 1974.
Gary began his career as a strategic planner with FMC’s Link-Belt Division and then served as Financial Controller and Operations Manager. In 1981 Gary began... Read more
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Friday, February 17, 2023
12:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.