Join Andrew McCown, Rachel Reed, and Justin Shemaria, three of LeaseQuery's technical lease accounting experts, as they share best practices for adopting the new lease accounting standards under ASC 842 and IFRS 16. The LeaseQuery team will cover:
- Why finding your leases is not as easy as you would think
- Why electing practical expedients/consistent internal policies are key for successful implementation
- Why the FASB delay for private companies does not mean you should wait an extra year to start this project (don't underestimate the amount of work this project takes)
- How to decide what borrowing rate to use, and why it can require significant judgment and work
You can also look forward to live Q&A throughout the presentation.
- Discover how to identify a lease
- Understand how to elect practical expedients and create consistent internal policy elections that are key for successful implementation
- Recognize the project scope and timeline for implementing the new standards
- Learn how to select a borrowing rate and areas that require significant judgement in the process
- Basic understanding of ASC 842 standards
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
- Senior Technical Accounting Manager
Andrew McCown is a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting at LeaseQuery, and works with new and prospective clients to easily understand and recognize how to transition to the new lease accounting standards. As a technical accountant, Andrew is responsible for demonstrating LeaseQuery’s ease of use, providing user-specific functionality, as well as offering lease accounting subject matter expertise. Andrew also assists in ensuring that LeaseQuery’s roadmap and application are constantly evolving to meet the needs of our clients and in accordance with accounting standard updates. Andrew frequently conducts live webinars on aspects of the new lease accounting standard.
Andrew graduated with a BS in accounting from the Universi... Read more
- Technical Accounting Manager
Justin Shemaria is a Technical Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery. Prior to joining LeaseQuery, Justin worked in the audit practice at Deloitte and also worked in financial reporting at a publicly-traded fortune 500 company. Justin received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Accounting from the University of Georgia. He is an active Certified Public Accountant and is a member of the AICPA.
- Technical Accounting Manager
Rachel Reed is a Technical Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery. Rachel's experience includes working in the audit practice at EY, where she served clients across a wide variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Rachel graduated from the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) with both a Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in Accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Thursday, January 23, 2020
1:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.