Sales and use tax laws are complex. In addition to the thousands of taxing jurisdictions across the country, tax laws change and create additional confusion. The same products are routinely taxed differently, resulting in more challenges. In this webinar, Tax Attorney Steven Mercatante will discuss ways to stay fully compliant while saving money for your company or organization.
- Learn why merely having customers in a state or generating income from a state is enough to create tax obligations.
- Explore recent judicial and legislative developments in state sales and use law and get the latest sales and use updates.
- Discover strategies to remain IRS compliant when doing business and generating revenue in different states while avoiding fines from state level regulators.
- Learn how to identify which states you may be at most risk and learn about aggressive new nexus standards for multistate sellers.
- Become familiar with sales and use tax rules for electronic commerce.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, Accounting/Finance professionals who work with sales and use tax.
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Aurora Training Advantage, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management, and more.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Friday, May 29, 2020
12:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.