Controls are the backbone of any organization's financial operations. They manage risk by providing the necessary checks and balances to prevent fraud, errors, and misstatements. Controls are the foundation for a strong financial management system. In this webinar, you will understand the significance of controls, how to establish a strong control framework, and how to leverage automation to support your organization's growth, minimize risks, and ensure accurate financial information.
- Recognize the significance of strong internal controls
- Identify common risk areas and the challenges in managing those risks
- Discover how automation can better help manage risks
- Explore the approach to follow for building out internal controls when on the IPO path
Who Should Attend
CPAs, accounting/finance professionals who work with internal controls and risk management.
- Speaker, Principal Evangelist at Fastpath Solutions
Frank Vukovits is currently Principal Evangelist at Fastpath Solutions. He has over three decades of experience as an auditor and business software professional, and he has held many previous leadership roles in implementation and management of numerous ERP projects, along with Corporate IT Executive Management. He was in corporate IT audit for GTE/Verizon for twelve years and holds Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) designations. He also passed the CISSP exam in 2001. He is a frequent speaker at IIA, ISACA, software publishers, and user group conferences.
- Financial Operations Supervising Senior Associate
Kevin Hutchings is a supervising senior at Connor Group.
- Director, Financial Operations
Lee is a Director in Connor Group’s Financial Operations practice, where he assists clients with improving their finance organization processes, public company readiness and SOX implementation. Lee has extensive experience assisting clients with understanding and optimizing their business processes, particularly revenue and procure-to-pay, by identifying efficiencies and controls that would improve their processes.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Thursday, December 7, 2023
2:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.