In this webinar, Steven Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD will provide an update to the latest tax developments, rules and regulations affecting individual taxpayers, including a review and integration of late 2022 and 2023 legislation. The content of the course will include expected late 2023 legislation.
- Update and integration of 2022-23 tax legislation impacting 2023 individual returns.
- Update on significant individual tax developments related to cases and rulings.
- Individual tax changes including the earned income credit, child credit, and child and dependent care credit.
- Section 199A changes, including use of carryforward passive activity and 199A losses and latest tax forms.
- Passive activity significant participation tests.
- Crypto reporting update.
- 2024 tax rate schedule and other inflation adjusted items
- Passive activity and hobby loss rules changes.
- Discover 2023 tax changes impacting individual tax returns.
- Recognize tax planning strategies and practical solutions based on the current regulations.
- Identify the impact of proposed legislation on individual taxes.
- Basic understanding of individual tax regulations.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, EAs, tax preparers, and tax professionals impacted by individual taxes.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Date & Time
Friday, December 15, 2023
12:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.