In such a short amount of time, the Coronavirus emergency has impacted ALL American entities - both individuals and businesses - in one way or another. And Congress and the IRS have responded, at a pace just as fast as the spread of the virus itself.
In this webinar, Steven Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD will address the tax changes in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and pronouncements the IRS has issued due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will cover:
- Paid leave benefits to employees.
- Tax credits for employers and self-employed taxpayers.
- FICA tax relief for employers.
- 90-day postponement of income tax payments.
- 90-day postponement of income tax returns; and
- Other information tied to these developments.
- Understand the latest tax developments as they relate to the COVID-19 relief legislation.
- Recognize the FICA tax relief for employers.
- Understand the details of the 90-day postponement of income tax payments and filings.
- Identify how to advice both individual and business clients on how these new developments will impact their 2019 and 2020 taxes.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, accounting, and tax professionals whose clients or organizations will be impacted by the COVID-19 tax legislation.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Monday, April 6, 2020
12:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.