Most leadership training focuses on leading downstream, with the goal of eventually advancing to an executive role. Few people get to be "top dog" in their organization. Even then, most CEOs report to a board or ownership group. In this webinar, Jon Lokhorst, CPA and Leadership Coach will discuss the skills and tactics needed to develop an effective working relationship with your boss and other superiors. Jon will walk through how to gain the credibility and support necessary to get things done and advance professionally.
- Identify the importance of trust in gaining credibility with your boss and co-workers.
- Recognize and respect your boss' preferences for communication, reports, and conflict situations.
- Discover how to value and receive upward leadership.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, finance/accounting professionals interested in leadership and advancement within their firms and organizations.
- Executive Leadership Coach, Lokhorst Consulting
Jon Lokhorst, CPA, ACC, is a leadership coach and consultant. He partners with CPAs, CFOs, and other leaders who face massive change in their industry and recognize the need for a new model of leadership to navigate those challenges. Prior to launching Lokhorst Consulting LLC, Jon enjoyed a 30-plus year career as a CPA, CFO, and organizational leader.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Monday, June 14, 2021
11:00 AM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.