GASB 87 creates a monumental change to lease accounting with influence reaching far beyond financial reporting. Adopting the new rules may require substantial time and effort not only upon transition, but also going forward. In this session we will highlight key technical and operational issues in connection with transitioning to and applying GASB 87.
This session is presented by experts from RSM.
- Recognize the substantial resources adopting GASB 87 will require and how departments outside of financial reporting will be affected.
- Explore a comprehensive example of applying the new standard as of the transition date and in the steady state.
- Identify key technical and operational issues when transitioning over to GASB 87.
- Basic understanding of GASB 87
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
- Accounting Manager
Kiley Arnold is an Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery and a CPA, certified in the state of Georgia. She started her career as an auditor at Arthur Andersen. From there she moved into a Senior Accountant role and later served as an Assistant Controller in companies across multiple industries including healthcare, transportation, media, and manufacturing. In her most recent role, Kiley led the IFRS 16 implementation team for a global manufacturing company.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
3:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.