Whether you have several or several hundred leases, transitioning to the new lease accounting standard may take longer than you think, and the deadline to complete this transition is rapidly approaching. Private companies and not-for-profit entities reporting under ASC 842 must comply for annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2021. Do you know your first step?
Join our interactive CPE workshop, where accounting experts will take you through 11 detailed steps for successfully transitioning to the new lease accounting standard. We will then highlight helpful resources such as our embedded lease test, present value calculator, and more to ensure your transition goes smoothly from start to finish. Make sure you download our checklist prior to the workshop so you can follow along and interact with our experts.
- Identify the necessary steps to successfully transition from the current standard to the new standard
- Learn specific calculations to complete to help ensure your lease portfolio is complete
- Explore the various functionalities available in lease accounting solutions and begin determining which are necessary for your organization
- Recognize potential resources to help simplify the transition process and maintain compliance post-transition
Who Should Attend
CPAs overseeing lease accounting compliance and ASC 842 adoption for their organization.
- Technical Accounting Manager
Amanda Payne is a Technical Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery. She began her career at Ernst & Young (EY) in assurance services working with clients in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. There she was responsible for planning and performing audit procedures, collecting and organizing ongoing support from client management, and leading and presenting to client management and assurance teams in the Americas, India, and Egypt. Amanda earned a bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a Specialization in Professional Accounting from the University of Alabama and a master’s degree in Accounting from Troy University.
- Accounting Manager
Kiley Arnold is an Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery and a CPA, certified in the state of Georgia. She started her career as an auditor at Arthur Andersen. From there she moved into a Senior Accountant role and later served as an Assistant Controller in companies across multiple industries including healthcare, transportation, media, and manufacturing. In her most recent role, Kiley led the IFRS 16 implementation team for a global manufacturing company.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Thursday, September 30, 2021
1:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.