Financial ratios can be extremely valuable tools for CPAs to analyze an organization’s financial and operational position. Key stakeholders rely on financial ratios for decision-making including: Liquidity ratios, profitability ratios, leverage ratios, and activity ratios. In this webinar, Matthew Briggson, CPA will walk through how to calculate highly relevant ratios under each category, discuss how to use various benchmarks, and explain how CPAs can use these calculations to aid in identifying opportunities and risks.
- Recognize the key stakeholders who benefit from specific types of financial ratio calculations.
- Identify financial ratio benchmarks utilized when analyzing financial ratio calculations.
- Discover the four financial ratio categories and their purpose.
- Recognize how to calculate specific ratios within the financial ratio categories.
- A basic understanding of financial statement accounts.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, accounting/finance professionals who analyze financial data.
Matthew Briggson is a certified public accountant in the State of Michigan and a co-founder of Encoursa LLC, a technology company offering continuing professional education courses to CPAs and other financial professionals. Before founding Encoursa, Matthew spent time in public accounting at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the Assurance Practice.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Friday, June 23, 2023
12:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.