In this webinar, Greg Kyte, CPA and comedian, will show how various findings in the fields of behavioral economic and behavioral psychology can be used to increase ethical behavior in the accounting profession. Attendees will learn about behavioral anchoring, the impact of social dynamics on ethical behavior, and how the ego affects the rationalization of unethical behavior.
State Boards that accept NASBA Sponsored Ethics CPE:
AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, DC, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, UT, VT, WV
Additional States that approved Encoursa Ethics CPE:
- Identify the impact of psychology and human behavior on behavioral ethics.
- Recognize the impact ego has on ethical behavior during normal and uncertain times.
- Identify techniques to reduce rationalization of unethical behavior in the accounting and finance profession.
- Discover techniques to reduce rationalization of unethical behavior.
Who Should Attend
CPAs and other financial professionals interested in behavioral ethics as it relates to the accounting profession.
Greg is the co-host of the ThriveCast, a monthly podcast on running your firm like an actual business. He is a regular blogger for the THRIVEal CPA Network, and his cartoons are being run on GoingConcern.com. He is a fellow of the VeraSage Institute, and Accounting Today included him in its 2013 and 2014 lists of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the Accounting Profession.
Greg is also a stand up comedian. He has shared the stage with Pete Holmes, Kyle Kinane, Chris Kattan, Rob Schneider, and Weird Al Yankovic and has been featured in comedy festivals in New York, Atlanta and Salt Lake City.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
3:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.