With organizations everywhere eyeing the bottom line and insisting on rigid travel & entertainment policy compliance and the IRS taking an equally harsh stance, compliance must not only abide by the Company policies but also the IRS regulations. Join us for this special session where Mary Schaeffer, AP Now's Founder and author will address pertnent issues to ensure your Company is compliant in this area.
- Identify new rules regarding deductability of meals and entertainment under the new tax law.
- Learn required guidelines to adhere to be able to deduct T&E expenses on tax returns.
- Understand reporting responsibilities if you reimburse above IRS guidelines.
- Identify how to handle modern T&E issues with respect to new technology.
- Learn best practices to create an effective T&E policy.
- A basic understanding of expense reports.
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals who would like to learn more about IRS regulatations as they relate to travel and entertainment expense.
Mary S. Schaeffer is the founder of AP Now, a B2B learning and information company focused on creating business intelligence around the accounts payable and payment functions. She has written 18 business books, created a number of CPE self-study courses, customized training and online training events. Schaeffer is a frequent and popular speaker at both online and live events. Previously she held positions as an Assistant Treasurer for the Equitable Life Assurance Society, a Financial Risk Manager for O&Y and a Corporate Cash Manager for Continental Grain. She has an MBA in Finance from NYU and a BS in Mathematics from York College (CUNY).
- +1 302 836 0540
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Thursday, October 24, 2019
3:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.