In Part 5 of LeaseQuery's six-part series, lease accounting expert George Azih will walk through ASC 842 and IFRS 16 to help you prepare for the transition to the new standards under both sets of accounting regulations. Using detailed examples, George will illustrate approaches to the cumulative method and the full retrospective method.
This presentation will cover:
Transition from ASC 840 to ASC 842 (GAAP)
Transition from IAS 17 to IFRS 16 (Cumulative Method - Approach 1)
Transition from IAS 17 to IFRS 16 (Cumulative Method - Approach 2)
Transition from IAS 17 to IFRS 16 (Full Retrospective Method)
- Identify the relevant transition guidance - ASC 842 and IFRS 16
- Understand how to transition from ASC 840 to ASC 842
- Understand how to transition from IAS 17 to IFRS 16
- Consider various transition method options under IFRS 16
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
- Founder & CEO
George Azih Is LeaseQuery’s Founder and CEO. Prior to founding LeaseQuery, George worked in Technical Accounting and Accounting Research for a Fortune 500 company, specializing in lease accounting, debt modifications and hedge accounting. Prior to that, he worked in a CPA firm specializing in audits of financial institutions (banks and insurance companies). He holds a Bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Georgia, and is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Georgia Society of CPAs.
George is considered a leading expert on lease accounting and has been chosen to speak about this topic to numerous groups at different events including Bloomberg Magazine, Crowe Horwath, the Georgia Soci... Read more
- (800) 880 - 7270
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Thursday, September 27, 2018
1:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.