You asked for it and LeaseQuery delivers. Join us as lease accounting expert Jason Parker provides a comparison between legacy GASB lease accounting and the new GASB Statement No. 87. This course will cover the differences in how a lease is defined, share considerations for scoping your lease portfolio, illustrate how the new standards will impact the Statement of Net Position, and provide an overview of lessee and lessor amortization schedules.
- Understand how a lease is defined under legacy standards and GASB 87
- Recognize key considerations for scoping your adoption of the new standard
- Identify the impact on the Statement of Net Position
- Recognize lessee and lessor amortization schedules
- Basic level of familiarity with governmental lease accounting.
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals who manage a medium-to-high volume of leases for governmental entities will benefit most from this event, along with their accounting service providers.
- Technical Accounting Manager
Jason Parker is a Technical Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery. Prior to joining LeaseQuery, Jason worked in the audit practice at KPMG, serving clients in both the public and private sectors in a wide array of industries. Jason obtained the "Double Dawg" status at the University of Georgia, receiving both a Bachelors degree and Masters degree in Accounting. He is an active Certified Public Accountant and a current member of the AICPA.
- (800) 880-7270
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
3:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.