Self-Study Course Details
Financial statement auditors need to be able to analyze financial results to not only enhance audit quality, but to also improve client service through being a better business advisor. Reading and interpreting financial information is a critical skill that this module will enhance.
- Financial statement analysis, and communicating insights to financial statement users
- Improving audit quality through strong analytic procedures, including identifying and responding to risk of material misstatement
- Developing plausible expectations for comparison to actual financial results
- Identify common ratios used to analyze and interpret financial results, focusing on areas such as profitability, liquidity, operating efficiency, and leverage
- Recognize how to improve the use of analytic procedures to detect earnings management and other anomalies
- Explore how to leverage analytic procedures as audit evidence
- Discover how to draw conclusions from financial statement analysis
- Experience on basic audit engagements
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.