Self-Study Course Details
Technology is making a huge impact on every facet of the business world. The expense reporting function is no exception. It is making it easier for employees to play games but at the same time it provides companies the tools they need to identify that game playing without spending a fortune. This course takes a deep dive into the developing expense reporting issues and reveals the way savvy companies can effectively deal with them. The issues evaluated in this course are critical to those who want to run a cost-effective, efficient, fraud-resistant expense reimbursement function.
- Spot common tricks used by some employees to pad their expense reports
- Identify how to prevent employees from submitting the cost of gift cards for personal use on their expense reports
- Identify new emerging cyber-payment frauds that target organizations of all sizes
- Understand procedures to prevent your organization from being hurt by electronic payment fraud
Mary S. Schaeffer is the founder of AP Now, a B2B learning and information company focused on creating business intelligence around the accounts payable and payment functions. She has written 18 business books, created a number of CPE self-study courses, customized training and online training events. Schaeffer is a frequent and popular speaker at both online and live events. Previously she held positions as an Assistant Treasurer for the Equitable Life Assurance Society, a Financial Risk Manager for O&Y and a Corporate Cash Manager for Continental Grain. She has an MBA in Finance from NYU and a BS in Mathematics from York College (CUNY).
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.