Self-Study Course Details
This course will start with the GASB standards effective in 2023, focusing on GASB 94, Public Private Partnerships and GASB 96, Subscription Based IT Arrangements. We will then switch to the audit side of the house to examine the impact of the 2023 Compliance Supplement on Single Audits. We close with a look at common deficiencies found in audits of COVID-related funding.
- Identify the impact of GASB 94 on financial reporting for governments
- Recognize the accounting for subscription based IT arrangements
- Discover the impact of standards effective in 2023
- Identify changes to single audits as a result of the 2023 Compliance Supplement
- Recognize common deficiencies found related to COVID-19 funding
- Prior experience with accounting or auditing of governmental entities
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.