Self-Study Course Details
Unethical behavior can ruin professional careers, and could result in fines, penalties, or even a loss of licensure. This course focuses on the risks faced by those that work in either public accounting or industry.
- Introduction to the concept of ethics
- Examples of handling moral dilemmas
- Steps in making ethical decisions
- The importance of ethics in internal controls
- Role of the AICPA and SEC in monitoring ethical behavior
- The latest in responsibilities for communicating noncompliance with laws and regulations
NOTE: This course is approved by the Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA) to satisfy the Virginia specific ethics requirement.
- Identify the foundation of ethical behavior
- Recognize moral and ethical dilemmas faced in day-to-day situations
- Discover important principles underlying ethical decision-making
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.