Self-Study Course Details
In this course, Melisa Galasso will start off with a look at the Accounting Standard Updates (ASUs) issued by the FASB that will be effective in 2023. She will also review late breaking changes to the lease standard that may impact common control entities.
The course will then turn from accounting to auditing where it will cover the key SASes effective this year including new standards around auditing accounting estimates an risk assessment. This course focuses on what you need to know this year to be ready for 2023 year end financial reporting and audits.
- Recognize changes to financial reporting effective in 2023
- Discover the definition of a lease under Topic 842
- Identify changes to the requirements for audit evidence
- Prior experience with GAAP and GAAS
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.