Self-Study Course Details
In this course Doug Van Der Aa, CPA, JD will address the critical issues and special opportunities facing S-corporations, with a focus on reporting shareholder basis and distributions. Key topics covered include:
- Recent tax legislation, rules, and developments impacting S-corporations, including TCJA and COVID-19 related provisions
- Reporting on Schedule E
- S corporation basis in stock and debt
- Shareholder basis and basis of indebtedness
- S corporation open account debt
- Limitation of deduction of losses
- AAA and distributions
- Recognize how to apply the latest tax rules and regulations of S-corporations
- Identify shareholder basis and how to report it
- Distinguish and discover how to deal with complex S-corporation issues
- Basic working knowledge of S-corporations
Doug Van Der Aa
Doug is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics. He has been a highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA Associations and other organizations throughout the country for more than 15 years.
Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug’s practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.