Self-Study Course Details
Properly identifying, assessing, and responding to risk through a detailed audit plan is critical to an effective and efficient financial statement audit. This module will emphasize the key concepts and best practices that drive a thoughtful risk-based approach to forming an opinion on the financial statements post-SAS No. 145.
• Overview of a risk-based audit process post-SAS No. 145
• How the individual elements of the audit risk formula interrelate
• Emphasis on overall risk, fraud risk, and control risk
• Linking the assessed risk of material misstatement to the detailed audit plan
• Documenting risk assessment conclusions and responses
- Identify the importance of risk assessment to a high-quality audit
- Recognize the audit risk formula, including how the elements relate
- Explore the steps and best practices of an effective risk assessment process
- Explore how to link risk to a detailed audit plan
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards.
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.