Self-Study Course Details
In this course, Chris Harper, CPA will examine actual fraud circumstances through the lens of potential prevention. The course will examine how selected frauds were accomplished and consider what internal controls may have prevented fraudsters ability to accomplish their nefarious acts.
The course highlights include:
- An examination of actual frauds
- Discussion of internal controls that could have prevented the frauds
- Contemplation of epiphanies for your own professional scenarios.
- Identify the factors that can allow certain frauds to occur
- Recognize internal controls that may have prevented certain frauds
- Identify how to apply prevention techniques to circumstances you encounter in your professional endeavors
- Basic working knowledge of internal control procedures.
Chris Harper, CPA, MBA is the Director of Education at Hungerford Nichols and an affiliate instructor of accounting for Grand Valley State University. A frequent speaker and instructor, Chris has taught a variety of continuing education courses on accounting, tax, and finance topics.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.