Self-Study Course Details
Government Auditing Standards (or Yellow Book) has a unique perspective on ethics and transparency due to accountability owed to taxpayers, oversight bodies, and others. This course will discuss the foundational principles in the current Yellow Book relevant to independence.
- Overview of when Yellow Book applies
- Focus on ethical principles within Yellow Book
- Listing of Yellow Book independence rules, including when providing both audit and nonaudit services
- Ensuring adequate documentation of significant ethical considerations and conclusions
- Recognize the foundational ethical principles contained in the Yellow Book
- Identify the independence requirements, including when performing both audit and nonaudit services
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.