Self-Study Course Details
The Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee (NAC) has been meeting with FASB to discuss the impact of various standards on the nonprofit community. In this course, Melisa Galasso will explore the work of the NAC and the impact they've had. The course will then transition to the Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) issued by the FASB that are impacting nonprofit entities, including a deep dive into the leases standard which is effective for many nonprofits this fiscal year. The course will close with a look at common deficiencies found in grant accounting.
- Identify the impact of ASUs on nonprofit organizations
- Recognize the activities of the nonprofit advisory committee
- Identify the financial reporting impact of Topic 842, Leases
- Identify common deficiencies in grant accounting
- Prior experience with NFP financial reporting
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.