Self-Study Course Details
In this course, Melisa Galasso, CPA will review common deficiencies identified by the AICPA and state boards of accountancy. The course includes discussion on a variety of topics including auditing estimates, internal controls deficiencies, documentation deficiencies, and risk assessment. Melisa will review the areas of concern, the profession's response to these deficiencies including SAS 143 and SAS 145, and how you can overcome them by employing best practices.
- Identify common audit deficiencies
- Recognize how to properly perform risk assessment and documentation
- Discover best practices for auditing estimates
- Recognize changes to auditing standards for estimates and risk assessment
- Prior experience with GAAS
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.