Self-Study Course Details
An increasing number of organizations are integrating sustainability into their long-term growth strategies. Leaders are recognizing that sustainability initiatives not only benefit their local communities but also present them with new opportunities. In this course, industry leading author and lawyer, Herb Rubenstein, will discuss the evolving standards in the field of sustainability and how sustainability practices are being supported and influenced by the accounting profession. He will also cover the accounting metrics regarding sustainability and how accounting professionals can offer their clients and stakeholders new sustainability services.
- Understand the evolving standards in the field of sustainability.
- Understand how sustainability practices are being supported and influenced by the accounting profession.
- Understand how sustainability practices are forming the basis for new services offered by the accounting profession.
- Learn the accounting metrics regarding sustainability and how to build your reputation in the field of sustainability accounting.
- Learn how to work with your own organization and client organizations to improve their sustainability metrics.
Herb Rubenstein is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Washington and Lee. He was a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar to the University of Bristol where he received a diploma in the social sciences. He received his Master of Public Affairs from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs of the University of Texas at Austin. He has his law degree from Georgetown University. His books in Entrepreneurism and Leadership have been published by major publishers and he has over 100 articles on Ethics, Leadership, Boards of Directors, Change Management, Scenario Planning, and related management disciplines. He teaches the Strategic Management capstone course for the Master of Science in Energy Management for the Graduate School of the University of Colorado Denver's Global Energy Management Program.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.