Self-Study Course Details
This course will address the factors in the choice of entity decision considering the impact of various recent tax act provisions.
- Recent tax legislation and developments related to choice of entity decision
- Compare and contrast the various business entities, including sole proprietorships, single member LLCs, partnership/LLCs, S corporations, and C corporations.
- Impact of the Section 199A deduction
- Ramifications of the C to S election and the S to C election
- Corporate tax rate to individual tax rate comparison examples
- Other related topics
- Identify recent tax provisions related to various forms of entity.
- Identify the factors and provide a comparison when choosing the best entity type for your client.
- A basic working knowledge of business taxation.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.