Self-Study Course Details
This 4-hour course provides an overview of ethical thought along with the core values of the CPA profession and the application of these values to ethical reasoning. The California Accountancy Act is covered in detail. The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct is also covered in detail. Case studies are utilized throughout the course to emphasize the subject matter.
- Define ethics from an overall and professional perspective.
- Identify the ethical standards contained in the California Accountancy Act.
- Recognize the ethical standards contained in the California Board of Accountancy Regulations.
- Discover the ethical standards contained in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
Joe is a partner at CFO Resources, LLC, a company focused on training and courseware for CPAs and is also the owner of Mill Creek Publishing LLC, a provider of self-study courses for CPAs. Joe has over 30 years of experience as a CPA in both public accounting and industry with extensive experience in financial reporting and analysis, treasury, tax, information technology, legal and regulatory matters and strategic planning. After graduation from Butler University with a degree in Accounting, Joe got his start at Ernst & Young and, subsequent to that, has served as Chief Financial Officer, Director of Treasury and Tax, Controller and Manager of Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis for several different companies. Joe, along with his wife Patricia McCarthy, have published articles in Missouri and Texas CPA Society publications titled “Incorporating Excel Arrays into Your Audit Plan”.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.