Self-Study Course Details
A properly designed and effectively operating system of internal control is critical to risk management. This course will provide insights into the most important concepts related to internal control to mitigate financial reporting and other risks in the current environment.
- Current events – Why this topic is important now more than ever!
- Overview of the COSO Report: Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Defining the components that comprise a sound internal control environment
- Organization tone – How it influences the control consciousness of its people
- Analyzing risks relevant to achieving financial reporting objectives
- Identifying key controls over financial reporting
- Identify the evolution of internal controls
- Recognize the components of internal control per the COSO Framework
- Explore best practices for designing, implementing and monitoring internal controls over reliable financial reporting in a less complex environment
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.