Self-Study Course Details
Internal controls are applied within an organization to satisfy objectives related to operations, compliance, and financial reporting. This course will provide practical analysis and tips for how a reporting entity can manage financial reporting risk in an effective and efficient way.
- Revamped 2013 COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Designing an adequate ‘umbrella’ of internal controls over financial reporting to prevent, or detect and correct, material misstatement due to fraud or error
- Specific internal control considerations and sample documentation for smaller entities
- Identify the evolution of internal controls through the decades
- Recognize the revamped 2013 COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework, including how the various components and principles interrelate to form a strong system of internal control over reliable financial reporting
- Discover special considerations for internal controls in a smaller-entity environment
- Basic experience working with internal controls.
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.