Self-Study Course Details
The only value a company will ever create for its shareholders and owners is the value that comes from its customers – current ones and new ones acquired in the future. To remain competitive, companies must determine how to retain customers longer, grow them into bigger customers, make them more profitable, serve them more efficiently, and target acquiring more profitable customers.
In this course, Gary Cokins, internationally recognized expert and CEO of Analytics-Based Performance Management, will walkthrough how to shift the mindset from growing sales to growing profitable sales and how to view customers as investments. Gary will also show why the marketing and sales functions need accounting data to better formulate customer account strategies, including compensation incentives. This course will also show how you can measure and manage product, channel, and customer profitability.
- Recognize why customers are the source of shareholder wealth creation and how to view customer relationships as a competitive advantage.
- Identify how to shift the mindset from growing sales to growing profitable sales and to view customers as investments like in a stock portfolio to seek higher ROIs – return on customers (ROC).
- Discover why the marketing and sales functions need accounting data to better formulate customer account strategies including compensation incentives.
- Identify how to measure and manage product, channel, and customer profitability.
Gary Cokins, CEO of "Analytics-Based Performance Management LLC": https://www.garycokins.com is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, and author in advanced cost management and performance improvement systems. He is the founder of Analytics-Based Performance Management, an advisory firm located in Cary, North Carolina. Gary received a BS degree with honors in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research from Cornell University in 1971. He received his MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management in 1974.
Gary began his career as a strategic planner with FMC’s Link-Belt Division and then served as Financial Controller and Operations Manager. In 1981 Gary began his management consulting career first with Deloitte consulting, and then in 1988 with KPMG consulting. 1992 Gary headed the National Cost Management Consulting Services for Electronic Data Systems (EDS) now part of HP. From 1997 until 2012 Gary was in business development with SAS, a leading provider of enterprise performance management and business analytics and intelligence software.
His two most recent books are Performance Management: Finding the Missing Pieces to Close the Intelligence Gap and Performance Management: Integrating Strategy Execution, Methodologies, Risk, and Analytics. His most recent book co-authored with Larry Maisel is Predictive Business Analytics published by John Wiley & Sons.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.