Self-Study Course Details
In this course, Steven Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, will walk through recent tax law changes that impact capitalization, depreciation, and disposition of assets.
- Recent tax legislation and developments related to capitalization
- Eligible property for Section 179 and Section 168(k)
- Discussion of the Section 179 deduction and its use to depreciate real property
- The Section 168(k) deduction and its use to depreciate real property
- Disposition of segments of real property
- Exchanges of tangible personal property after repeal of the like-kind exchange rules
- Other related topics.
- Identify recent tax provisions related to capitalization.
- Recognize recent tax provisions related to depreciation and disposition.
- A basic working knowledge of business taxation.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.