Self-Study Course Details
The GASB has been working on some big projects lately. This course starts with a look at the GASB standards effective this year, including GASB 94, Public Private Partnerships and GASB 96, Subscription Based IT Arrangements. We will include practical applications in the form of case studies to apply the topics. We will then switch gears to the GASB standards coming down the pike, including the major projects of the GASB.
- Identify the impact of GASB 94 on financial reporting for governments
- Recognize the accounting for subscription based IT arrangements
- Discover the journal entries compliant with GASB 94
- Recognize the journal entries compliant with GASB 96
- Identify the impact of standards effective in 2023
- Recognize major projects the GASB is working on
- Identify GASB standards effective after 2023
- Please refer to the "course description" section for the learning objectives.
- Prior experience with accounting for governmental entities
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.