Self-Study Course Details
Health insurance is so central to the health and well-being of people that it may be hard for many Americans to believe it could ever have been a less important factor in helping to promote good health than it is today. In fact, health insurance as it is recognized today is a relatively recent development.
Since the early development of health insurance coverage, many changes have occurred in the manner in which health care services are delivered and paid for. Among those changes is the emergence of various tax-favored health plans. This course will examine many of those tax-favored health plans.
- Identify the tax treatment of premiums for and benefits from health insurance policies
- Recognize the rules governing health savings accounts and Archer medical savings accounts
- Recognize the tax treatment of health reimbursement accounts and the tax treatment of employer-paid and individually-paid disability income insurance policies
- Identify the tax rules governing business-related disability coverage
- Identify the tax treatment of long term care insurance
Paul J. Winn CLU ChFc is a financial writer, editor and trainer in the insurance industry. Past positions have included product developer, compensation officer, marketing VP, VP of strategic planning as well as being President of Maryland Financial Corporation. Mr. Winn has served on multiple Insurance Industry Boards including Baltimore Chapter of CLU and ChFC and Member/Secretary, Advisory Board to New York State Insurance Department. He is well known as a writer and editor of major mutual life insurance company’s agent-training ”university” and has created more than 100 training/continuing education courses. He is also a published book author.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.