Many small organizations do not have the resources to employ both a Chief Financial Officer and Controller, requiring one person to wear both hats. Beyond that, business leaders often use these titles interchangeably or don’t understand the different focus and skill set they need. This session explores the unique challenges of each role and how the person who fills both can successfully navigate those challenges and provide exceptional value to their firm.
CPA and Coach Jon Lokhorst will cover how to best:
• Differentiate between CFO and Controller roles regarding focus, duties, mindset, and skillset.
• Develop critical relationships and strategic alliances, internally and externally.
• Structure your work for maximum impact and avoid the “bean counter” paradigm.
• Establish your personal brand and unique value proposition as CFO/Controller.
- Learn tips to navigate the tensions of wearing multiple CFO/Controller hats.
- Explore key relationships critical to success as a finance leader.
- Discover three strategies to show up as your best self in every situation.
- None required.
Who Should Attend
Finance and accounting professionals seeking to enhance their careers as well as the finance function.
- Executive Leadership Coach, Lokhorst Consulting
Jon Lokhorst, CPA, ACC, is a leadership coach and consultant. He partners with CPAs, CFOs, and other leaders who face massive change in their industry and recognize the need for a new model of leadership to navigate those challenges. Prior to launching Lokhorst Consulting LLC, Jon enjoyed a 30-plus year career as a CPA, CFO, and organizational leader.
- +1 612 381 6275
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
1:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.