In this webinar, Steven Dilley, CPA, JD, PhD, will compare and contrast the financial accounting for partnerships and LLCs, as well as discuss the tax accounting for these entities. It will include a thorough discussion of the important differences between financial accounting and tax accounting for partnership capital accounts. Financial accounting for operations of a partnership will also be addressed.
- Identify how to properly account for partnership business structures.
- Recognize the methods and rules for properly accounting for capital member accounts.
- Understand the key differences in accounting for LLCs and partnerships.
- Basic working knowledge of the financial accounting for partnerships/LLCs.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, accountants, and financial professionals working in public accounting or industry who deal with financial accounting issues of partnerships and LLCs.
Steven C. Dilley, PhD, CPA, JD, is president of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., in East Lansing, Michigan, where, for the past 37 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the U.S. He is nationally known for his knowledge of financial, accounting and tax issues of closely held businesses.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Date & Time
Thursday, December 31, 2020
12:00 PM EST (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.