In 2020, the tax world saw some of the most significant changes to forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC in the last twenty years. In this webinar, participants will learn the latest rules and reporting obligations so that they can avoid the dreaded penalties and interest, not to mention the time consumed to make corrections.
- Identify updates on the 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC forms and their respective reporting requirements.
- Recognize when to use one 1099 form over another and how to split reporting between the new Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC.
- Identify the latest penalty increases for noncompliance and possible abatement of penalties.
- Learn best practices for developing information reporting office procedures which reflect 1099 due diligence on the part of the payer.
- Identify how to handle payments to corporations, LLC's, and other tricky payees.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, Tax Professionals, Professionals Working with the Accounts Payable Function.
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Aurora Training Advantage, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management, and more.
Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Encoursa LLC is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. Provider #: KKRBE
Date & Time
Monday, September 21, 2020
12:00 PM EDT (see additional timezones)
Webinars: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes.
Self-Study: CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard immediately after passing the qualified assessment.
For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple Attendees on Webinars: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.