As the lease accounting compliance deadline approaches, where should you be at this stage of your transition? LeaseQuery’s lease accounting experts will present an overview of the new concepts you need to know, the policies you need to consider, and the pitfalls to watch out for. For example, identifying embedded leases has proven to be a sour point for most companies. Additionally, the LeaseQuery team will address the new concept of control and walk through other important definitions that appear simple, but can actually cause significant issues if misinterpreted.
- Identify lessons learned from public companies
- Understand how the definition of a lease has changed and the new concept of "control"
- Define key lease terms, such as "commencement date," "renewal," "reasonably certain," and "discount rate"
- Identify the difference between lease payments and minimum lease payments
- Identify lease and non-lease components
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
- Founder & CEO
George Azih Is LeaseQuery’s Founder and CEO. Prior to founding LeaseQuery, George worked in Technical Accounting and Accounting Research for a Fortune 500 company, specializing in lease accounting, debt modifications and hedge accounting. Prior to that, he worked in a CPA firm specializing in audits of financial institutions (banks and insurance companies). He holds a Bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Georgia, and is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Georgia Society of CPAs.
George is considered a leading expert on lease accounting and has been chosen to speak about this topic to numerous groups at different events including Bloomberg Magazine, Crowe Horwath, the Georgia Soci... Read more
- (800) 880 - 7270
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Thursday, July 18, 2019
3:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.