Join lease accounting expert and LeaseQuery founder George Azih for an introduction to the new lease accounting rules in Topic 842. This event will be the first of a 6-part series designed to teach you everything you need to know about the upcoming changes to lease accounting. In this first presentation, George will discuss the new classifications of leases, how to prepare for the transition to the new rules, and the scope of the changes. Additionally, George will walk through a lease accounting decision tree and debunk some common myths related to the new standards.
- Understand Topic 842 from a tenant's perspective
- Identify the scope of the new lease accounting rules
- Observe detailed examples of finance and operating leases under Topic 842
- Identify an example of an operating lease under Topic 842
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
- Founder & CEO
George Azih Is LeaseQuery’s Founder and CEO. Prior to founding LeaseQuery, George worked in Technical Accounting and Accounting Research for a Fortune 500 company, specializing in lease accounting, debt modifications and hedge accounting. Prior to that, he worked in a CPA firm specializing in audits of financial institutions (banks and insurance companies). He holds a Bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Georgia, and is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Georgia Society of CPAs.
George is considered a leading expert on lease accounting and has been chosen to speak about this topic to numerous groups at different events including Bloomberg Magazine, Crowe Horwath, the Georgia Soci... Read more
- (800) 880 - 7270
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Thursday, January 31, 2019
3:00 PM EST
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.