When is the best time of year to perform goodwill impairment testing? It might be sooner than you think. Join John Schumacher, Managing Director with Adamy Valuation, as he shares his expertise as an independent valuation specialist. John will cover an overview of the valuation process for goodwill impairment testing and discuss best-practices for fair value measurements under ASC 350/ASC 820. You will also learn how to identify and avoid common pitfalls related to impairment testing.
- Understand your options for goodwill impairment testing
- Recognize key inputs and decisions in the process and valuation
- Own the business and accounting inputs of your impairment testing
Who Should Attend
Controllers, CFOs, Chief Accounting Officers, and CPAs leading or working as part of teams who conduct annual impairment testing. CPAs in public practice, including auditors, seeking additional insights related to annual impairment testing.
- Managing Director
- Adamy Valuation
John Schumacher is an experienced provider of financial opinions and valuation advisory services to both public and private companies, financial sponsors, trustees and legal counsel on behalf of their clients.
John’s industry experience encompasses a broad cross-section of the U.S. and global economy. He has worked with companies ranging from startups to companies engaged in multi-billion dollar transactions. His analyses, opinions, and consulting have been relied upon by decision-makers for a wide range of purposes, including financial reporting, divorce, shareholder litigation, tax, ESOP, strategic planning, and transaction fairness and solvency.
Prior to joining Adamy Valuation, John was... Read more
- +1 312 281 7528
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
3:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.