In this live event, LeaseQuery’s lease accounting experts will walk through a comprehensive example of the new standards in action. A broad understanding of the new guidance is helpful, and knowledge of key terms is important. Successful implementation of the standards comes down to proper application of the concepts. This end-to-end example will begin with lease commencement and walk through subsequent journal entries.
- Identify how to apply lease accounting concepts (e.g. key dates, lease term, ROU asset) to a specific lease example
- Understand how to prepare initial transition journal entries for existing leases
- Understand how to prepare initial journal entries for lease payments and lease liabilities (new leases)
- Understand how to prepare subsequent journal entries
- Basic understanding of ASC 842 standards
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals whose companies manage a medium-to-high volume of leases will benefit most from this event, along with CPAs who serve clients with a similar volume of leases.
- Technical Accounting Manager
Jason Parker is a Technical Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery. Prior to joining LeaseQuery, Jason worked in the audit practice at KPMG, serving clients in both the public and private sectors in a wide array of industries. Jason obtained the "Double Dawg" status at the University of Georgia, receiving both a Bachelors degree and Masters degree in Accounting. He is an active Certified Public Accountant and a current member of the AICPA.
- (800) 880-7270
|Encoursa is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.|
Date & Time
Thursday, September 19, 2019
3:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- CPE certificates will be accessible through your dashboard 1 hour after a webinar concludes. For specific instructions on accessing your CPE, please see our FAQ section on our support page.
- Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event to let us know. For group signups for paid events, please contact us.